Eduardo Fávero Pacheco da Luz
Research & Development
in Applied Computing
National Center for Monitoring and Early Warning of Natural Disasters
The National Center for Monitoring and Early Warning of Natural Disasters (Cemaden) aims at the development, testing and implementation of a prediction system of natural disaster occurrences in susceptible areas in Brazil.
- Job title: Technologist
- Department: General-Coordination of Research and Development
- Area: Information Technology - Systems Development
The ForestWatchers project is a citizen science initiative to detect deforestation with sattelite images, leaded by the Associated Laboratory for Applied Computing and Math (LAC) of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE) together with the Centre for Citizen Cybersciente (CCC) and the Federal University of São Paulo (Unifesp).
- My role: Scientific Consultant
São Paulo Faculty of Technology
Higher Education Professor in the following courses:
- Technology in Data Bases
- Database Development Laboratory IV
- Application Project with Database
- Web Application Project with Database
- Technology in System Analysis and Development
- Special Topics in Informatics
- Technology in Aircraft Maintenance
- Informatics Applied to Aeronautics
National Institute for Space Research
The National Institute for Space Research was the main source of my scientific trainning.
- Degree obtained: Doctor in Applied Computing
- Thesis title: "Parallel Meta-heuristics on the solution of inverse problems"
- Degree obtained: Master in Applied Computing
- Dissertation title: "Estimation of atmospheric polluting source using Particle Swarm Optimization"
Courses at the Applied Computing Post-graduation program:
- Computational Intelligence and Applications
Mato Grosso State University
The Mato Grosso State University, Barra do Bugres campus, is my alma mater.
- Degree obtained: Bachelor in Computer Science
- Monograph title: "AntNet: Bio-inspired algorithm for data routing in communications networks"
Last update: October 24rd 2018.